Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fabric Projects

So, after drooling over all the fabrics at Spotlight recently (see them here) I realised that, realistically, I couldn't fit them all in my house, and even if I did it could be floral overload.

So, I'm thinking of using this fabric...


...to make a big lumbar cushion for my bed...along these lines with contrast piping in bright green or blue...

Via Pinterest

Via Etsy


And this fabric I'm considering using in my office as wallpaper, or a large pinboard or something...


So now I'm thinking this fabric could bring in the touch of red I'm looking for in the living room upstairs but I don't want cushions (I have more than enough of those!)...


And I thought that maybe a little DIY art could look cool. Maybe something like this in a nice frame...


I photoshopped this but I'm thinking of covering a canvas with the red floral fabric, then finding a nice floral silhouette and cutting it out of white fabric so you are left with the above. Or maybe it would be better to cut the silhouette out of contact and then paint over the rest of the fabric with white paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear your opinion on the interiors I show so please leave a comment. They always make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...