Friday, June 10, 2011

My Entry Ideas & Moodboard

So I've started thinking about my entry again, which is actually the nicest room in the house so far. I think the reason I want to do more work on it, is that it's closest to actually looking good whereas everything else seems overwhelming!

It's a large space with a front door on one wall, two bedrooms doors opposite each other on the side walls and a large opening into the current living room (soon to be dining room). To get a better idea I showed a before picture here

I want something really nice, but I'm worried about making it too dramatic, since it will be in the direct line of sight from the front door through to the dining room.

Some entries I'm liking at the moment are...
From Domino. Found here.
Found here.
Found here.

Found here.
Found here.
Found here.
To be honest, I'm not sure why each of these images are appealing to me (apart from being beautiful rooms) because not are that similar to each other.
The main reason I posted the last image, which is just gorgeous, is it has a similar size and layout to my entry (although mine doesn't have such a pretty door). My entry has very high ceilings (about 3m) and tongue and groove walls which are now painted in Dulux Tranquil Retreat. The original pendant light is still there which I will keep and I have timber floors. I'm trying to use a lot of what I already have so I came up with this moodboard so far...


And so far, I'm really not happy with it! To clear up a few things...the pendant is much nicer than this in reality, I just couldn't find a picture of a closer one. The floor and walls look very similar to this, and I already have this console table (well not this exact one but very similar - I showed a blurry pic of it here).

I already have an oval mirror I'm considering painting red (or silver/pewter? or blue? anyone have an opinion here?). I also have six vintage style posters I bought in France similar to the above which I was planning on hanging floor to ceiling either side of the front door.

Opposite the hall table I was thinking of putting a bench (which I don't have yet) upholstered in a fun fabric. I already have some leftovers of this black and white Moroccan style print which are currently covering the chairs in the entry at the moment.

Oh, and the second colour spot (the blue) I was considering painting the ceiling, although I think it needs a slightly brighter shade than I've shown here.

I'm just finding it a bit boring but I'm worried about competing too much with the other rooms. I did try some other bench fabrics.


But again, I'm just not feeling that inspired.

4 comments:

  1. Take your time to look for inspiration. We just moved into our house less than a year ago and many rooms are not completed yet. Sometimes, you just need to find one or two items and suddenly, the inspirations will start flowing in. Good luck!

    Looking forward to see the transformation of your home. I see lots of potential!

    Have a happy weekend!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that these entryways are all small but have huge style. Don't worry, it'll come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your inspiration images! I'm thinking of new entryway ideas too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Megan! Maybe we can compare notes :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your opinion on the interiors I show so please leave a comment. They always make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...