Sunday, June 26, 2011

Tropical 'Bali' Style Home

I am working with a client at the moment who has purchased one my Design Kits for all the selections for a new home. She is building a large traditional Queenslander but wants a Bali-style tropical living feel to the home. This style is very popular in North Queensland, partly due to the enormous availability of such furniture (due to our proximity to Bali and South-East Asia) but also due to the similarity in our lifestyles and environment (long summers, no winter, high heat and humidity). This client also likes natural textures and colours and bold contrast colours.

It suprised me how difficult it was to find photographs of well-done tropical homes with that touch of Bali, but here a few that stood out.

Found here.

Adeeni Design Group. Found here.

Harrell Remodeling. Found here.

Jean Philippe Piter Photography. Found here.

Designer Sarah Henry Design. Found here.
  
Found here.

Found here.

Via HGTV. Found here.

Found here.

Found here.


Found here.

House & Garden magazine.

House & Garden Magazine.

Kitchen & Bathrooms magazine (Vol 14)

Found here.
  
Designer Samantha Pynn.

Designer Carrier and Company.

3 comments:

  1. You are definitely right...finding that style done *right* is tricky! I'm loving all the color on the bed with the orange pillows...that upholstered bed frame is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely! The kitchen is fabulous! Enjoy the wonderful start of the week, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been searching and collecting an images and idea like this about Bathroom and Kitchen design for my school research project. The information and image presented here is really wonderful! I have
    bookmarked this webpage and will be included to my report.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your opinion on the interiors I show so please leave a comment. They always make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...