Friday, October 14, 2011

A color to watch; coral!

A colour trend that has been gaining rapid ground in the blog and design world is coral. Although I was never sure I was fond of this colour, the more I see it, the more it grows on me. So much so that I'm thinking of incorporating it into my living room downstairs.


Not sure you believe me (I know my own mother despises coral!)? Maybe some of these photos can change your mind...

With its' orange undertones, coral always looks
good with blues. Found at Style at Home.

Just a flash of coral in this otherwise neutral (if busily patterned) rooms.
Found at Mimi + Meg blog.

Coral also works beautifully in a more traditional setting with shades of orange,

cream and brown.
Designed by Amanda Nisbet. Found at Proper Hunt blog.

And it works equally well when white and bright in a coastal setting.
Found at I'm Busy Proscrastinating blog.

Admittedly this is more orange, but doesn't it look amazing
contrasted with the deep brown-grey?
Found at Secretly Fancy blog.

Looking country gorgeous with soft blue-grey.
Found at Color Marie blog.


A beautiful nursery in softest taupe and coral.
I think this is the perfect alternative to very girly pink.
Found at Apartment Therapy Oh Dee Doh.

This reminds me of a Queenslander's bathroom.
Love this combination of aqua and coral here.
Found at Decorista Daydreams.

A pretty girl's room in more coral and aqua.
Found at Material Girls blog.



Once again, this is more a pink than coral.
But with those gorgeous grey tiles, coral would look just as amazing!
Found at Kika Reichert blog.


So if you're convinced enough to add some coral to your life, here's some pieces to start you off...


More orange than coral.
'Reid Slipper Chair' from Freedom in Paprika.
(Only $159 at the moment!)

I used this chair in a moodboard with coral accents:


Or what about a gorgeous Mexican Suzani bedspread? This would be stunning in a little girl's rooms...

Available from Table Tonic.
Add some cushions made with Joel Dewberry's
latest collection.
Manzanita Damask, available from Funky Fabrix.
Or buy some in a classic Trellis print.
Available from Etsy seller Nenavon.
I'm loving this coral & grey print from
Etsy seller luluandrew.

8 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of orange or any colours in its range. But these pictures could persuade even me to give Coral a go. I love the Coral & Aqua together:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning color! Love the warmth it gives to each space. Enjoy the fabulous weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I love coral! Coral and aqua is going to be the color palette for my daughter's bedroom makeover. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite pairing is coral and aqua/turquoise - love those images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have pursuaded me! I love the coral and soft grey/blue together and I have to make a special mention of that divine tiled floor in the bathroom pic with the coral painted wall - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you, I wasn't sure about coral to start (it reminded me too much of being a kid in the 80's and having it in combination with mint green in my bedroom). But after seeing it so much, I have really taken to it and have decided to use it in my dressing room...

    Have a sneaky look if you want here (it's still VERY much a work in progress):

    http://gettingitswoonworthy.blogspot.com/2011/10/dressing-room-before-after-turquoise.html

    PS. I just stumbled upon your blog, it's lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My paгtner and I stumbled оνer herе by a dіfferеnt pаge and thought
    Ι might check things out. I like what Ι sеe ѕo now i аm follοwіng you.
    Lоok fοrward to looking at your web page yet agаіn.
    Here is my web site ... Silk'N Laser Hair Elimination Program

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your opinion on the interiors I show so please leave a comment. They always make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...