With the weather heating up rather rapidly in Townsville at the moment I have been feeling inspired by all things summer.
I have had these gorgeous photo saved to my Pinterest for quite a while, and with a bit of free time today, decided to throw together a pretty bedroom inspired by this vintage, summery photo in shades of mint, pink and cream.
|Oriignally found at 5 Minutes Just For Me|
I'm imagining a simple base of lightly oiled timber floors, white walls (maybe in tongue & groove) and big breezy french doors opening onto a lush tropical garden, or maybe a beach.
I imagined this room is probably for a teenager, or maybe just the young at heart, and have sourced all the items on a pretty strict budget with affordable stores like Ikea, Super Amart and Freedom.
Sources for furniture:
- Nyvoll Bed from Ikea [$249]
- Spindle Side Tables (Bedside tables) from Freedom [$169 each]
- Penelope dresser from Super Amart [$149.95]
- Storesele Armchair from Ikea [$249]
- Sisalo Rug from Cyrus Persian Carpets [from $195]
- Burst Occasional Table from Freedom [$49.95]
Sources for art + accessories:
- Love Print from Etsy Seller HeyHarriet [$6.15 unframed]
- Urban Grey Lamp from Officeworks [$29.99 each]
- Mint & white striped cushions from Etsy Seller bestillshop [$59 each]
- Pink kaleidoscope cushion from Etsy Seller bestillshop [$64]
- Cloud cushion from Etsy Seller AlphabetMonkey [$35]
- Silver 'Songe' Mirror from Ikea [$169]
- Wooden ampersand from Typo [$4.95]
- Vintage Beach Poster from AllPosters.com [$234 incl frame]
- Pink striped cushion from Etsy Seller BlueDoorStyle [$35]
What do you think? I know I wouldn't mind being in such a soft, beachy room right now!
If you'd like your very own room design, I'm offering a special Christmas promotion.
You can receive 20% of any of my decorating Design Kits
by quoting the code EthosBlog21!
For more information on my online decorating services