Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Moodboard: Dramatic Glamorous Office

The fantastic blog, pewter+sage has a regular interiors moodboard challenge. Sarah posts some inspirational objects on the blog and everyone uses one piece to inspire them and create a room around it. Each time the piece changes; there has been wallpaper, furniture pieces and now...art!

This week the inspiration pieces included a beautiful autumnal photograph, a bold abstract and a sweet bird print.

I chose the abstract (from Etsy shop Him and Her) and decided to create an office inspired by the bold jewel tones featured in the piece...




I wanted to create a glamorous, dramatic space that reflected some of the amazing colours you see in this piece. Here is what I ended up with...




I am really loving emerald and kelly greens at the moment and immediately decided in a room with dark timber floors, and creamy walls, that I wanted emerald green raw silk curtains on gold curtains rods.

A cream rug keeps the floor simple, to allow the mix of contemporary and vintage furniture pieces to take center stage. Touches of black bring in some drama, and some other bold accent colours are pulled directly from the lovely painting.

While I don't think I'll be adding green curtains to my office, I am loving this look!

Sources - Furniture
- Curtains: Custom. Try Bunnings for similar curtains rods.
- Rug: Ikea
- Desk: French Dressing
- Desk chair: Freedom
- Buffet: Buyster
- Armchair: Domayne
- Side Table: Freedom


Sources - Accessories
- Red pillow: Etsy Seller playpurdys
- Desk lamp: Freedom
- Red vase: Ikea
- Mirror: Freedom
- Lamps: Domayne
- Gold hurricane vase: Domayne
- Yellow vase: Freedom
- Green pillow: Etsy Seller MiCasaBella


Make sure you visit pewter+sage and see the other fantastic moodboards on show...and why not contribute your own?





10 comments:

  1. This sounds like a heap of fun......
    I'm going to take a look! Thanks for sharing!!!
    ..................................................
    Tania Maree xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you will take a look too. Lovely green, very striking. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Anna!! Just put up the post, sorry its so late!!

    This is gorgeous! I'd love to work in this office, I'd definitely be inspired here:) I figured this painting with its brilliant bold color palette would interest a lot of people. I can't wait to see other takes on this. Looove that buffet and those arm chairs. And the pink lamps! I'm going to have to check out Domayne:)

    Thank you so much for playing along, your rooms are always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fun, Anna. I love what you did here. It is great that I can see the artwork I chose, too, but used in a different way. Very glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the chairs and table lamps you chose :)

    B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna this is beautiful, understated yet vibrant. I love the bold choice of emerald green and the simple, elegant pieces you chose. This would definitely make for an inspired work space!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anna, you created such a chic and elegant office. I absolutely love the green drapes (one of my favorite colors). The table/desk is so pretty too.

    I would love to work in this space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful office! I love that you pulled in the kelly green -- so gorgeous. And, that buffet is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How chic! I love your spin using the abstract art for inspiration. I'm really drawn to those chairs and the side table. Nice work Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  10. While changing the entire contours of your house, you can even add designer dinning accessories to it. Reason being, it will enhance the look and feel of your dining room as well as make mood while you will be having any meal of your day. Choose designer dinning accessories from Dubai for yourselves and make your room look stylish and chic.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your opinion on the interiors I show so please leave a comment. They always make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...