Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Some stylish styling ideas...Beautiful sideboard vignettes

I had fun doing a roundup of some of my favourite bedside table vignettes a couple of weeks ago so I thought I would do another roundup. This time we're focusing on sideboards.

Now, this isn't about entries! Entry tables tend to be easier; they have a simple formula of art, a catch-all box or bowl, a lamp...

A sideboard in a living room serves as a place for entertainment (TV units, entertainment storage) and display. As one of the largest pieces of furniture in the room they also have a big role to play in the style and design of the finished space.

Here are some of my favourites at the moment...

I love the collection of glass bottles in this vignette, while the white ceramic horse adds a quirky touch (although in this home it blends in with the many, many white ceramic animals!)
Designed by Jill Crawford.

Lots of stacks of books make a pretty vignette which distracts from the TV.
Designed by Amber Lewis.

A simple, minimalist vignette in a pretty purple and white colour scheme.
The gallery wall is the perfect way to hide the TV.
Designed by Feasby & Bleeks Design.

This is a more masculine vignette with lots of shades of timber.
Designer: Michael DePerno. Featured on Elle Decor.

A dramatic, sophisticated vignette with brass accents.
Designer: Jean-Louis Deniot. Featured in Elle Decor.

Found on The Lennoxx. Designed by Erinn Valencich.
So, what do you think? Do you have a sideboard in your living room? How do you decorate it?

7 comments:

  1. Great post! I have a sideboard in the dining room with a television above it (sounds bizarre but that's the man in my life for ya) so it's great to see images with this set up! I struggle with accessorising the sideboard because I don't want to block the screen so I've got a gallery wall around mine as well to distract it! Thanks for some lovely ideas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog design Anna! Our sideboard holds a flat screen TV, surrounded by black and white family photos in modern white frames, and two simple modern candle holders. Works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way that you using the colors and choose a well furnished furniture.great idea about sideboard.but i got some unique in your blogs that is ceramic animals.that's really works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always interesting to see what others consider to be the perfect vignette. I love adding books and items of different heights. Great post. The blog makeover looks great, Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for stopping by my blog! loving this last sideboard. so chic, but still going to be a classic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very unique design. I like the way that you using the colors and choose a well furnished furniture. This two simple modern candle holders really excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Nice sideboard and well decorated room :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your opinion on the interiors I show so please leave a comment. They always make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...