Once again I'm joining in with the Monday Moodboard party over at Pewter+Sage (our last 'my design ethos' interviewee).
For the Monday Moodboard series Sarah chooses a number of inspiration pieces from a similar category (such as art, wallpaper or furniture) and asks others to design a room around the piece. The idea is to see how others interpret their inspiration.
This turn we are choosing from some amazing chair options from Horchow including a chartreuse leather option, a blue ikat style and a black and white French Louis chair. All of them are beautiful but my eyes kept coming back to that greeny-yellow-leathery goodness. This piece...
Normally, I design these rooms for an imaginary client, working with a reasonable budget, and try to pick a piece that will challenge my typical design style.
This time, I just couldn't help myself. That chair could happily move right into my future dream home, and would work beautifully with my favourite neutral, navy.
So, my client? A wealthier version of me! The room? A bedroom. The colours? Navy and chartreuse. The budget? Limitless!
I love this room. It is exactly my style, which I know isn't to everyone's tastes but I do love a mix of traditional, exotic and contemporary pieces. It actually is reminding me an awful lot of my living room though, right down to the glossy blue Chinese style tables (a little like my sideboard).
- Bedhead: A custom made navy velvet piece with nail head trim (actual image found here).
- Bedside tables: Chinese style lacquered cabinets in dusty grey-blue from Orchid Furniture.
- Armchair: Chartreuse leather armchair from Horchow.
- Side table: A round leggy white gloss table from Bungalow5.
- Lamp bases: Tapered gold lamp bases from Tonic Home (yes I 'spent' $200 on a lamp and changed the shades - my future me is feeling fussy today!)
- Lamp shades: Custom made white linen shades with navy blue velvet ribbon.
- Bedding: Custom white quilt cover and shams with a warm grey trim.
- Accent pillows: Chartreuse Zimba fabric pillows from NelsonDesign on Etsy and Chiang Mai lumbar pillow in the aquamarine colourway from Aurelia6311 from Etsy.
Well, what do you think? Any favourite pieces?