Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday Moodboard - A Navy & Chartreuse Bedroom

Once again I'm joining in with the Monday Moodboard party over at Pewter+Sage (our last 'my design ethos' interviewee).

For the Monday Moodboard series Sarah chooses a number of inspiration pieces from a similar category (such as art, wallpaper or furniture) and asks others to design a room around the piece. The idea is to see how others interpret their inspiration.

This turn we are choosing from some amazing chair options from Horchow including a chartreuse leather option, a blue ikat style and a black and white French Louis chair. All of them are beautiful but my eyes kept coming back to that greeny-yellow-leathery goodness. This piece...


Normally, I design these rooms for an imaginary client, working with a reasonable budget, and try to pick a piece that will challenge my typical design style.

This time, I just couldn't help myself. That chair could happily move right into my future dream home, and would work beautifully with my favourite neutral, navy.

So, my client? A wealthier version of me! The room? A bedroom. The colours? Navy and chartreuse. The budget? Limitless!

I love this room. It is exactly my style, which I know isn't to everyone's tastes but I do love a mix of traditional, exotic and contemporary pieces. It actually is reminding me an awful lot of my living room though, right down to the glossy blue Chinese style tables (a little like my sideboard).

Sources
- Bedhead: A custom made navy velvet piece with nail head trim (actual image found here).
- Bedside tables: Chinese style lacquered cabinets in dusty grey-blue from Orchid Furniture.
- Armchair: Chartreuse leather armchair from Horchow.
- Side table: A round leggy white gloss table from Bungalow5.
- Lamp bases: Tapered gold lamp bases from Tonic Home (yes I 'spent' $200 on a lamp and changed the shades - my future me is feeling fussy today!)
- Lamp shades: Custom made white linen shades with navy blue velvet ribbon.
- Bedding: Custom white quilt cover and shams with a warm grey trim.
- Accent pillows: Chartreuse Zimba fabric pillows from NelsonDesign on Etsy and Chiang Mai lumbar pillow in the aquamarine colourway from Aurelia6311 from Etsy.

Well, what do you think? Any favourite pieces?

10 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful chair and I love the pieces you've chosen to go with it, especially the lumbar pillow!
    Tiffany
    tiffanyleighinteriordesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the chair takes center stage, but every piece you have chosen is a beauty in it's own right. This is lovely and masterfully pulled together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! This chair was my second pick, and I see we both love chiang mai!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this space! The headboard is such a beautiful complement to the chair and your room is so elegant and modern. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how clean and fresh this room is! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is awesome! The navy and chartreuse are a lovely color combination. If only I could afford this whole room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I love the headboard! And I love the balance you've achieved here. The more I think about it the more I think I like the symmetry of design - lamps, nightstands, and pillows are all balanced. I love it! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not get the opportunity to participate in this mood board monday but I love that chair. I could totally relax in it. The bedside tables are stunning. Great board, Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Anna!! Sorry I'm a bit late, but this is a beautiful room! Glad you gave yourself a break and did a room for you!! Too funny that a couple of us used this green chair in a bedroom. I loove it with the navy, that headboard is gorgeous! And I love how you brought it all together with the throw pillows! Thanks for playing along again, its always great to have your talent:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That chair! Oh be still my beating heart! I think the bedroom is the perfect place for it – I can totally picture myself wrapped up on a good book lounging in that chair! I love everything about the room but apart from the chair, the bedside tables are my favourite pieces!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your opinion on the interiors I show so please leave a comment. They always make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...