Monday, October 29, 2012

My latest project: Cheerful family home

I finally have some photos of my latest project to share with you! This home was designed for a local builder as their display home. They are targeting first home buyers and young families so I wanted the house to feel fresh, modern and fun.



I was working with a fairly strict budget (for both the fixtures like the kitchen and the furniture) so the whole house has a mix of budget chain store furniture (from places like Super Amart and Target), along with some revamped vintage pieces and online purchases.



I wanted to show people a basic laminate kitchen or simple budget-friendly tiles can still feel interesting thanks to some colourful accessories!


The master bedroom features my latest colour obsession - mints and emerald greens. How gorgeous are those stools?



I decided on a modern black, grey and white scheme for a boy's bedroom with lots of layered graphic patterns.


The guest bedroom took shape around the vintage bed which has a modern graphic shape for the headboard and footboard. I spraypainted it in matt grey (it was timber laminate). Inspired by some pretty prints of galahs and cockatoos (more on these soon!) I filled the room with shades of red, orange and pink.
 

If you'd like to see a few more photos you can see them on my Ethos Interiors website.

Let me know what you think!

12 comments:

  1. awesome awesome awesome! You did a great job! I love all the pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Anna, it's gorgeous! Your design definitely shows off the home! You did an incredible job of making "budget friendly" look really high-end chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, that is so beautiful! You did such a great job giving it personality and style without being too personal. Perfect for the target market. I will be pinning those and saving them for inspiration, myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done such a great job Anna, and especially impressive on a tight budget! Who knew a house could look so good using chain store decor?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great, Anna! Really love the stools in the bedroom and the black and white stripe headboard. Nice pops of colour here and there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina. The headboard is a DIY project I have been meaning to share here, just have to get my photos organised first!

      Delete
  6. It all looks really great Anna - so much better than the showhomes I've seen with generic decor that is supposed to appeal to everyone and never appeals to me (too much brown and red - anyone else get that vibe from show homes?). Where did you find so much great stuff on a budget in Australia???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! It was tricky to find interesting pieces on a budget I have to admit but I think the trick is to shop around and not buy more than one or two pieces from a single store. No catalogue shopping! Some of my favourite stores for budget furniture is Matt Blatt, and I picked up some great affordable homewares from Target, Ezibuy.com, Etsy (cushions) and Temple & Webster.

      Delete
  7. I love the fabric on the sofa - do you know what it is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately it isn't from a known manufacturer as it is just one of the standard fabrics that come with the piece (the sofa is from Super Amart).

      Delete
  8. Hi Anna, I think you did a fantastic job! I too am thinking of giving a diy headboard a go for my daughter for the new house. I love the abstract prints in the dining, I'm wondering where they are from as they are a great size.

    Tash

    ReplyDelete
  9. My eyes almost popped out of my head!!!! AAAAAmazing!!!!

    You are so talented!!!

    Where is the round little dining table from?

    B

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your opinion on the interiors I show so please leave a comment. They always make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...