Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Room tour: A Country Bedroom

I wanted to share with a peek at my parent's house. I know you've heard me mention my Mum before, and since I am staying with her I wanted to share some of her beautiful home over the next few weeks. She has a very classic, Queenslander country style so although it's not too everyone's taste, I'm sure you can agree she has done a beautiful job.
 
First stop is the guest room. It features a pretty writing desk which is the perfect place for guests to rest their laptops and other bits and pieces.
 
 
 
The upper walls are painted in a soft dusty pink, and the tongue & groove is in sage green. She made the beautiful green ticking curtains herself.
 


The other side of the room has a double bed with a white cane headboard and an old blanket box.

 
It is such a welcoming space, especially with the view onto the verandah and out into the beautiful garden. While I'm here I'll try and share some more rooms, so if you like this Queenslander style, make sure you pop back!
 
 




5 comments:

  1. This is such a homey room. I hope you're having a great day!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really lovely Anna, I love the furniture, the Queenslander home and colors! Merry Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is the best time to make some plans for the future
    and it's time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting things or
    advice. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article.

    I desire to read more things about it!
    Also see my website > itunes

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your opinion on the interiors I show so please leave a comment. They always make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...