Friday, November 22, 2013

Chasing Navy

I think I have found the perfect shade of navy to paint my master bedroom in the new house, so I have been stalking other dark and moody bedrooms to see how others use the colour. For as long as I can remember I've always dreamt of a bedroom with navy walls and white floors, and it's just a little exciting to have the opportunity to do it!

These are a few of my favourite navy rooms which are floating around...

Via Lonny

This mirrored nightstand is gorgeous against dark walls - I think anything mirrored usually is. Navy and red is always a classic combination as well.

Designer Brian Patrick Flynn


I love this example of how to pair brighter colours with navy - my favourite combinations are navy with pink, mint green, yellow or orange.


Designer Meredith Heron. Via Mix and Chic.

This transitional style bedroom has dark navy (or maybe charcoal) walls, with lots of pale grey and white. I would love to get a closer look at that bed - is it upholstered and piped in white - and will take those x-base stools any day!

Brian Watford Interiors
So what do you prefer, dark and dramatic or bright and airy?



3 comments:

  1. Love a bit of navy - can't wait to see what you do! Love the mirrored bedside too.X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly love both and in one house, my master was dark brown with gold accents and it was heavenly...so cozy and warm. I am also a big fan of the all white with pops of color, but, it looks like you are leaning toward the dark and cozy!! Go for it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: it also depends upon the space - the house with the brown room, it just fit the house - I don't think it would have been the same had it been painted white...

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your opinion on the interiors I show so please leave a comment. They always make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...