Friday, December 6, 2013

Loving Built-In Cabinetry

We have a small wall in our lounge that I want to add a built-in TV cabinet to house as many of our books, DVDs and other bits and pieces as we can.

I looked at Ikea units but, typically, our wall is 10cm short to fit a standard Besta system arrangement. Well worth looking at if you need something though!

I always love a background colour to bookshelves, and a dark colour is great for hiding a big black TV. I was thinking of a dusty navy blue.


Capella Kincheloe Interior Design


I love the strip lighting in this shelving, and would love to try this with some LED strips. I also adore the chunkier shelves and the raised panelling on the doors.

Bon Vivant Woodworking


I haven't decided whether to go completely contemporary, or a little more classic. I like having a mix of shelf heights for various things, and the seamless cabinetry is lovely.

Portico Design Group

I roughed out this layout the other day...any suggestions?



1 comment:

  1. It looks great and I love the look of the built-in as well. I always like the look of some baskets on the shelves so it looks a little more 'filled in.' I love the idea of a complementary paint color on the back of the wall though. My dream would be to find a big WHITE TV instead of the black, which is very unattractive. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your opinion on the interiors I show so please leave a comment. They always make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...