Friday, February 7, 2014

Feature Home: A Stylish New York Apartment

Often I find American style's are a little too convoluted and over-styled for Australian's relaxed lifestyle, but there is always plenty of inspiration and loads of style in these homes. I particularly love their mix of antique pieces with modern art, and bold colour schemes. This New York apartment, designed by Phoebe Howard, is a wonderful example of bold inner-city glamour.

I think the entry if my favourite - the chandelier, softly textured walls and stunning tiled floors work gorgeous with the very modern artwork.



To be perfectly honest I'm not a big fan of this room, although I love all the individual pieces. I think it's the lack of colour which makes the room a little bland for my tastes. What are your thoughts?



I love this contemporary abstract against blue walls! The antique bench was upholstered in a contemporary soft grey fabric.



Custom cube style bookshelves look stylish in a taupe colour, and I always love a navy sofa! This bookshelf solution is a great illustration of placing a sofa in front of shelving...creating storage without losing valuable floor space.
 

 Pretty in purple is perfect for the girls' room, and that oversized medallion style fabric is a lovely style for dramatic headboards.



This plastic flower wall installation is quite for a child's room but I do hesitate a little at the dust factor! Maybe that's just my hayfever talking though...



This contemporary, sleek vanity is inspiring - I love the use of the flat white cabinets with a timber base.



Navy blue lacquered walls layered with textiles in all shades of blue create a moody, dramatic room for their teenage son.


You can see the rest of the apartment over at the House Beautiful website.

 

1 comment:

  1. I agree, the furniture in the second photo is amazing, but the room is definitely missing something, it just doesn't feel grounded. Those dramatic rooms are so lovely to look at though.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your opinion on the interiors I show so please leave a comment. They always make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...