Wednesday, April 16, 2014

'Traditional with a Twist' Offices

This year I've been kept busy with plenty of commercial work for shopping centres, aged care homes and offices. One of the most rewarding has been the offices of Strategic Lawyers. They moved into their new premises this year, with just a few pieces of furniture, and I've been busy buying plenty of artwork, and a few extra accessories.

Our goal was to create a space that felt warm and inviting, an office with a traditional influence but which still felt modern.



The reception area is feeling much more inviting than a standard space, with some new cushions and a beautiful floor lamp. This lamp is one of my favourite pieces, and is available from Freedom - the fact I found a lamp that combines the light timber of the reception desk, the dark grey fabric and the exact red of the firm's logo is an achievement I'm quite proud of!


We have been gradually adding artwork through the offices; some are modern abstracts, others are law-related. This series is a current favourite among staff.
 

My favourite though, is the gallery wall. Most of these pieces are law related, with a few Townsville pieces thrown in as well. There is something so interesting about gallery walls like this; a great conversation starter for a business!
 

Far and away, the best part of the office is the beautiful boardroom. We used the stunning antique boardroom table and chairs the firm already owned, and I added some new art and accessories to tie everything together with some of the more modern furniture pieces. 
 

A new mirror from Vast Interior has that beautiful warm gold frame which works perfectly with the existing furniture, while some new accessories added some style to the law books of the display cabinets.




What do you think? A little more traditional that the last office I shared!




3 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic & yes different to the last space which is a real credit to you as a designer.
    Awesome work Anna, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you've achieved here anna. Every time it see your work I think you've taken it to a new level!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! LOVE the orange - very beautiful office space - Happy Easter! xo

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your opinion on the interiors I show so please leave a comment. They always make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...